[Building Sakai] Sakai and Peoplesoft

kfaella kmf at uri.edu
Wed Mar 11 05:36:40 PDT 2009

I am looking for some help in determining what other institutions are doing
for loading student and course data into Sakai.

Here at the Univ. of Rhode Island we are running Peoplesoft 8.9.  To feed
our existing WebCT system we run an LMS extract  to an xml file and load it
into WebCT.  We would like to do something similar with Sakai.

I understand that some of you do take xml out of Peoplesoft and import this
into Sakai.  Can anyone provide me with some details about the kind of data
you export from Peoplesoft and how you import this into your Sakai?

We are trying to move into the Sakai world with a very limited staff and a
limited time frame.  Any help anyone can provide will be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Katherine Faella
Sr. Technical Programmer