[Building Sakai] Melete for Sakai 2.6.x

Rashmi Maheshwari rashmi at etudes.org
Fri Mar 6 13:03:05 PST 2009

thanks for explaining it to me Steve. I got it...Sorry,I haven't peek in sakai
2.6 yet.
Bryan - yes we don't have build for sakai 2.6.x. and I am not aware of anyone
who is working on such a branch.

thanks again,
Rashmi

Steven Githens wrote:
> The issue is that for Sakai 2.6, some of the really core modules, such as
site, authz, etc.  Where repackaged as a distributable Kernel module.  So all
those dependencies have to be replaced a few kernel <dependencies/>

> There is a script to do it, and it's pretty easy, but it is more than just a
version change. Real life instructions showing the conversion:
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.cms.sakai.devel/25478
>
> I'm not sure if it would be more sensible to keep your trunk on a 2.5.0
build, and make a tag with just 2.6 poms, or the other way around, or
something else.