[Building Sakai] Implement CourseManagementService ???

John Bush john.bush at rsmart.com
Sat Jun 27 12:16:26 PDT 2009

You don't necessarily need to implement the CourseManagementService.
The CourseManagementService is useful if you want instructors or
admins to have flexibility in how you map courses into sites.  If you
want to enforce a strict mapping, you can simply provision the sites
and enrollments yourself using a quartz job or web services.  For
example, your external system could dump its notion of course,
enrollments, even users into files which are then read by a quartz job
that leverages the Sakai api's to create the sites, memberships, and
users as you see fit.   Most of our clients do things this way, only a
few need the power of the CourseManagementService.

John Bush
Development Manager
rSmart