[Building Sakai] RV: Tomcat version and sakai 2.6.x

Dave Ross dave.ross at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 10:15:46 PDT 2009

We were on 5.5.23 for Sakai 2.4.x - now on 5.5.26 for Sakai 2.5.x. We try to
stick with the QA'd versions as much as possible to limit our exposure to
bugs.

I would personally tell the external company to let it go (or find a
different company) - as it is *much* more important to use the application
server which the software you are trying to run is Q/A'd against, vs. the
operating system. I'm basically saying that there is a much higher
probability that Sakai needs a specific Tomcat version than an OS does.

Which MySQL version are they pushing? Hopefully not the one that comes w/
RHEL!!!!

-Dave