[Building Sakai] RV: Tomcat version and sakai 2.6.x

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Wed Jun 24 06:36:02 PDT 2009

I encourage you to review the security vulnerabilities identified and
addressed in the various Tomcat 5.5.* releases before agreeing to
accept the recommendation to go with Tomcat 5.5.23.

See http://tomcat.apache.org/security-5.html

Sakai 2.6 was tested using Tomcat 5.5.26.  Tomcat 5.5.27 is also an
option but requires adding the following parameter to your JAVA_OPTS
environment setting because 5.5.27 enforces strict quote escaping, a
change in behavior that causes run-time errors in certain Sakai tools:

-Dorg.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.STRICT_QUOTE_ESCAPING=false

Cheers,

Anthony