[Building Sakai] Group project use cases and glossary

Daphne Ogle daphne at media.berkeley.edu
Mon Jun 22 16:35:26 PDT 2009

Hi there,

We have a couple more documents to share out as, use case matrix and
the start of a glossary...

1)  We started identifying the simple use cases related to managing
groups (using the use case definition from my previous email on last
Thursday) and have captured them in a use case matrix on confluence.
We still need to decide who the actors are, those listed in the column
headers.  The ones there now are just a place to start.

http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/SAKDEV/Use+Case+Priority+Matrix

Next steps are:

-  agree on actors to represent in the matrix
-  get feedback from community (that's you!) on what's there so far
*it would be great to have folks comment on the page about these

-  fill in frequency of use
-  Do the same for group membership/interaction

2)  I started a glossary that we should all continue to build out.   I
threw this together very quickly so please feel free to change
existing definitions and for sure add to the mix.  This will help us
have a shared language... or at least know what each other are talking
about if we don't :).

http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/SAKDEV/Project+Glossary

Please feel free to start adding to the glossary now.  We'll also be
asking for input to the use case matrix but not just yet.

-Daphne

Btw -- Jon, Eli and I will be talking more about this collaborative
process we are using for groups at the conference, Wednesday afternoon
after the last break,  for those of you interested in hearing more
about how we got here.
.
Daphne Ogle
Senior Interaction Designer