[Building Sakai] Issues with clustering

Gerwood Stewart gstewar8 at une.edu.au
Wed Jun 17 16:26:43 PDT 2009

We are working on setting up a clustered environment for Sakai.

We're using RHE5 and Tomcat 5.5 on Vmware.

We've just found that session replication in TC5.5 seems to be broken and isn't working for us.

For those who are doing clustering could I ask:

1. How are you doing your clustering?
2. Are you using session replication through TC5.5 or some other method?

One of our other TC 'clusters' simply doesn't do replication so if the node your on goes down you need to re-connect to the new one with a fresh session. That works for that environment but I don't think is a great idea for our Sakai set up.

Thanks
Gerwood