[Building Sakai] Issue? during maven build

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jun 15 01:36:10 PDT 2009

2009/6/15 Gerwood Stewart <gstewar8 at une.edu.au>:
> We are seeing this a lot in our 2.5.4 build.
>
> Is this actually a problem.

Not a big one. Your builds will work fine.

> In post (possibly all) cases it seems to only
> have an issue retrieving the POM file
> See the bold line. I believe this is the repository most of this is meant to
> come from...

Yep, basically the issue is that the artifact (eg
jaxen-1.1-beta-10.jar file)  exists in the Sakai repository but
doesn't have a .pom file to describe it (it's dependencies, copyright,
author, etc). Your maven build will work fine without a .pom file for
this artifact but maven will attempt to download one every time you
perform a build.

To get rid of this warning either:
-  build in offline mode: mvn -o install
or
- Create a fake jaxen-1.1-beta-10.pom file in your local repository
with the basic information (groupId, artifactId, version, etc),
however there are quite a few artifacts that don't have .pom files
used in the Sakai build.

--
  Matthew Buckett