[Building Sakai] Regarding SAK-16463 - 2.6.x oracle database conversion needed

Drew Zhu qszhu at umich.edu
Fri Jun 12 09:31:59 PDT 2009

Kevin Chan wrote:
> Thanks for looking into this.
>
> I just ran the "alter table" statement against our QA Oracle DB (post
> 2.6 upgrade and mailarchive binary conversion).
>
> Unfortunately, it looks like we are now getting an error with an index
> when we try to send an email to mailarchive:
>
> java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01502: index 'SAKAI_QA.SYS_C00122053' or partition of such index is in unusable state
>
>         at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:112)
>         at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:331)
>         at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:288)
>         at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.receive(T4C8Oall.java:745)
>

> Did you see this problem after you converted? I will check in with our
> Oracle DBAs and see if they have any insight.

select 'alter index '||index_name||' rebuild online;' from user_indexes
where table_name='/your_table_name/';

Run all the rebuilding index commands generated from the above query in
sqlplus.  If your indexes are in a separate tablespace, you need to add
"tablespace /your_index_tablespace_name/" after the "online followed by
a space" and before the ";"

Then collect stats using "analyze table /your_table_name/ compute
statistics;' or DBMS_STATS.gather_tables_stats();

That's what we have done during the LONG - CLOB conversion.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Drew Zhu