[Building Sakai] Clearing the security cache?

Maurer, Christopher Wayne chmaurer at iupui.edu
Thu Jun 11 09:00:17 PDT 2009

So I saw some mention of this and would like to know if this is documented
somewhere?  Looking through some code related to the role swap stuff, I see
this:

// This will clear all cached security lookups involving this realm, thereby
forcing the permissions to be rechecked.
eventTrackingService().post(eventTrackingService().newEvent(EVENT_ROLESWAP_C
LEAR,
org.sakaiproject.authz.api.AuthzGroupService.REFERENCE_ROOT +
Entity.SEPARATOR + azGroupId, true));
So, I can post an event and it¹ll clear the cache?  I¹d love to know more
about this!

Chris