[Building Sakai] Provided groups question

David Horwitz david.horwitz at uct.ac.za
Tue Jun 9 13:16:18 PDT 2009

Hi Christopher,

The membership is updated under one of 2 conditions:

1) The
http://source.cet.uct.ac.za/svn/sakai/QuartzJobs/trunk/scheduler-component-shared/src/java/org/sakaiproject/component/app/scheduler/jobs/UCTSaveRealms.java
is saved
2) When a user logs in their memberships are synched.

So yes there can be considerable delay to the memberships being updated.
We have a nightly quartz job that saves all AuthzGroups associated with
current course sites (saves on the "site membership doesn't match the
course list). You can see that job here:
http://source.cet.uct.ac.za/svn/sakai/QuartzJobs/trunk/scheduler-component-shared/src/java/org/sakaiproject/component/app/scheduler/jobs/UCTSaveRealms.java

David