[Building Sakai] Reaction: Sakai course on CD

Philip Fedchin philip at smolny.org
Tue Jun 9 09:33:23 PDT 2009

Mark,

thanks a lot for clarifications! It does help. Yes, I understand that it was wrong on my side to mess SCORM and IMS-CP in this case. And I agree that the whole idea to put the course on CD is technologically rather backward-looking. But in our context this is explained by the fact that it is the only way to get official registration of Sakai courses as e-publications (essential for tenure track and related faculty development issues).

You mention that 'SCORM "could" be used to delivery encrypted tests - could you give any insights on what is the way for achieving the task?
And another concern I mentioned is related to the necessity to download full course content from CD in order to do the search/use the content. Do you consider this as a problem at all?

With best wishes,
Philip