[Building Sakai] Maven and missing dependencies

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jun 9 02:18:36 PDT 2009

2009/6/9 Gerwood Stewart <gstewar8 at une.edu.au>:
> I’ve been trying to build 2.5.4 without much luck. One thing I’ve noticed,
> though I don’t think it’s the cause of the failed build, is that there
> appear to be a lot of ‘bad’ dependencies in the build. E.G:
>
> batik/batik/1.5-fop-0.20-5/batik-1.5-fop-0.20-5.pom
>
> For example in the central maven repository (repo1.maven.org/maven2) there
> is no
> artifact: batik version :1.5-fop-0.20-5.

[..snipped..]

> Is this meant to be? The source seems happy to build without it, but it
> seems like a bug of sorts.

Sakai has it's own Maven repository (defined in master/pom.xml) at

https://source.sakaiproject.org/maven2/

and the example you give is hosted there:

https://source.sakaiproject.org/maven2/batik/batik-1.5-fop/0.20-5/

which should get picked up by a normal build.
Maven normally tries the repositories in order with the repo1 one
first so you may well see an error message about not repo1 not hosting
the artifact, but it should download successfully from the sakai repo.

You can check and see if its in your local Maven repository
(~.m2/repository on Unix).

--
  Matthew Buckett