[Building Sakai] Maven and missing dependencies

Gerwood Stewart gstewar8 at une.edu.au
Mon Jun 8 21:51:35 PDT 2009

I've been trying to build 2.5.4 without much luck. One thing I've noticed, though I don't think it's the cause of the failed build, is that there appear to be a lot of 'bad' dependencies in the build. E.G:

batik/batik/1.5-fop-0.20-5/batik-1.5-fop-0.20-5.pom

For example in the central maven repository (repo1.maven.org/maven2) there is no
artifact: batik version :1.5-fop-0.20-5.

There Is an
artficat: batik version: 1.5 (or 1.1.1)

There is an
artifact: batik-1.5-fop
Version 0.20-5

This particular example is under the 2.5.4 tag, calendar/calendar-impl/impl

Etc.

Is this meant to be? The source seems happy to build without it, but it seems like a bug of sorts.

Thanks
Gerwood