[Building Sakai] Build error with 2.5.4

Steve Swinsburg s.swinsburg at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Jun 4 01:33:16 PDT 2009

Hi Gerwood,

The sakai:deploy goal will deploy to Tomcat. You don't need this for a
successful build, only if you want to deploy. Running 'mvn clean' will
remove build artifacts. Running 'mvn clean install' will clean then
install to the local m2 repo.

BTW, you don't need the compile goal at all really, since 'install'
comes after 'compile' in the build lifecycle, and the different phases
are executed sequentially,  it will be executed anyway. Unless you
specifically want it to stop after compiling, and not install the
built artifact to your local repo.

Check this out: http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecycle.html

cheers,
Steve