[Building Sakai] QTI 1.2 Import in Mneme 1.2m3 (.xml)

Vivie Sinou sinou at etudes.org
Wed Jun 3 13:10:31 PDT 2009

Just an FYI for adopters of Mneme.

Mneme 1.2m3 (a small internal milestone release running on Etudes) supports
QTI 1.2 import of tests from .xml files. This is now available under
Question Pools >> Import in Mneme (a.k.a. TT&S). This import functionality
is based on the Respondus implementation of QTI 1.2 used widely by faculty
to author tests offline with the Respondus software and by publishers.

You can download Mneme 1.2m3 from here:
https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/etudes/mneme/tags/1.2m3/

The Mneme implementation of QTI import from .xml supports all TT&S and
Respondus question types. Keep in mind that TT&S supports even pairs in
matching questions. Uneven pairs developed in Respondus will not be
imported.

BTW - Samigo xml files can be imported with Mneme's QTI import
functionality, as well - though if you need to port tests or pools from
Samigo to Mneme, we have a nice, clean migration feature under import.

In the next stage / milestone of the QTI work for Mneme, we will develop
support for QTI 1.2 import / content packaging format (.zip), which will
support import of tests with embedded media and attachments in questions.
The longer-term goal is to see if we can generalize this code and support
other QTI implementations, such as ExamView. Then, we'll be looking at
'export' of tests in .xml or .zip format.

Feel free to contact me or dev at etudes.org if you have any questions.

Best,
Vivie

--