[Building Sakai] Encryption

Steve Swinsburg s.swinsburg at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Jun 3 02:44:48 PDT 2009

Hi Ketan,

The password is ecnrypted one way only, you cannot decrypt it. When a
person logs in, the password they supply is also encrypted and checked
to see if it matches the encrypted one stored for the user.

BaseUserDirectoryService checkPassword() shows how its done with
OneWayHash.encode()

cheers,
Steve

---