[Building Sakai] How to manage msub svn -- Request for best practices

DAVID ROLDAN MARTINEZ darolmar at upvnet.upv.es
Tue Jun 2 02:32:44 PDT 2009

                Hi all,

                This is David Roldán Martínez from Universidad Politécnica de Valencia (Spain). We are in the process of uploading all our Sakai implementation source code to msub svn space available for each institution that has requested it.

                I would like to know how other institutions are managing this space. Until now, we have a local copy of sakai_2-6-x and we're applying several modifications on it and generating the correspondent patches, if the modification is quite general and if from our point of view the community can have any profit from it. What we want is to create an structure like this:
                https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/msub/es.upv

                               | ---> PoliformaT (this the Sakai rebranded name for internal use)
                                               |
                                               | ---> branches
                                               |
                                               | ---> upv_2-6-x (that is, sakai_2-6-x with our customizations and developments)

                I'm not a svn expert but, as far as I know, I may have to svn copy sakai_2-6-x into upv_2-6-x and apply the patches generated from our local copy of sakai_2-6-x I mentioned above. Is this OK? Anybody knows how to do this fast? Anybody has documentation about this process? Can anyone help me, please?

Probably, it would be helpful to create a site at Confluence to share our experiences, are you agree with me? Do you know how to request a Confluence space?

                Thank you very much in advance.

                Kind regards,
                               David