[Building Sakai] Sakai2.6 - Invalid Login

Lovemore Nalube lovemore.nalube at uct.ac.za
Wed Jul 29 01:01:05 PDT 2009

Hi

Kindly send your email to sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org

--
Lovemore Nalube
Online Learning Environments Developer (Vula)
PASS Transformation Committee REP
Centre for Educational Technology
CHED
University of Cape Town
www.cet.uct.ac.za

/* Work Email: lovemore.nalube at uct.ac.za
/* Cell: 076 186 1244
/* GTalk: lovenalube at gmail.com

>>> On 2009/07/29 at 07:26 AM, in message <539a970c0907282226j214950b3h8e3fd5fc2d777df3 at mail.gmail.com>, kamalakannan Ramachandran <kamalakannan at atelier-soft.com> wrote:

Sir/Madam

We have installed SAKAI in a remote system.

System:

Debian GNU/Linux 5.0

mysql Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.51a

Tomcat 5.5.27

java 1.5.0_19

Sakai2.6

When i log into sakai using the default user - "admin" and password - "admin", i get an alet saying

"invalid login".

The encrypted password found in the SAKAI_USER table from the SAKAI database is

"ISMvKXpXpadDiUoOSoAfww=="

But when i update the password using the following password

"update SAKAI_USER set PW='ISMvKXpXpadDiUoOSoAf' where USER_ID='admin'"
it logged in

Locally when we build sakai on windows xp, there is no problem logging in.

It works fine with password - " ISMvKXpXpadDiUoOSoAfww="

Please can us help me any way.