[Building Sakai] GMT installation on 2.6.0

Noah Botimer botimer at umich.edu
Mon Jul 27 12:32:12 PDT 2009

Branch (now) and tag (later)! Could the SVN admins please add Bob to
the gmt contrib project?

(You do have your SVN account set up, right, Bob? Also, get your CLA
signed for main SVN access if you don't have it on file. SVSU's CCLA
is fine.)

----

My guess here is a classloader problem where a botched Maven
dependency packed a shared jar into the webapp (gmt-tool).

That is, it looks like PortalHandler.doGet is being called on line
768 with a String and three servlet API objects. I'd make sure the
servlet API dependency is not calling for some unprovided version. It
shouldn't actually need a version since master provides it.

If that doesn't fix it, hook up a debugger and check what kind of
Object is coming through at the exception and trace it back through
the call stack.

Thanks,
-Noah