[Building Sakai] request for comments on specific rwiki modifications

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jul 21 03:23:07 PDT 2009

>> 1. Option to delete wiki page (SAK-2963)
>>
>> I was able to implement an option "delete page" by deleting the page
>> records from the rwikiobject table. This would delete the page, they
>> will not be listed in index, and there will be no way to get the
>> history of this page. What kind of permission should be imposed for
>> this feature? I was thinking of giving access to "delete page" for
>> those with rwiki.admin or rwiki.superadmin. Any thoughts?

I'm developing on the wiki but I prefer the ability to delete a page
by flagging it as deleted and then acting as though it was deleted but
keeping the objects around in the database. This means that just like
changes deleting can be reverted if it was done by mistake.

>> 2. Hide option for comments (SAK-11910)
>>
>> A comment can be completely deleted by using the delete option, as
>> mentioned in [1], as each comment is considered as a page in rwiki.
>> However this would completely remove the record with no history of
>> any previous comments, which might not be desirable to some.
>> So, we should probably have a hide option, with an additional column
>> in rwikiobject table, which records the status of hide. Thoughts?

Same again, I like the hide option as it has the option to revert back.

>> 3. Be able to control Comments in RWiki on a site by site level
>> (SAK-8391)
>>
>> Currently we have a property wiki.comments, to include/exclude
>> comments in wiki, however this will be applicable system wide.
>>
>> In order to have a site wide permission, we need to add a new
>> permission say rwiki.comments. This would include changes in
>> templates in kernel and osp. How important is this feature to make
>> so many changes in different places?
>>
>> Alternatively, it will be relatively simple implementation to have a
>> page-wise permission for comments. By default we can switch it on
>> and it can be changed by visiting INFO. Thoughts? Concerns?

I find it much easier when permissions are all managed through authz
permissions rather than each tool so although it's more work I'd
prefer adding a new permission rwiki.comment

--
  Matthew Buckett