[Building Sakai] Core tools with significant planned 2.7 changes

John Norman john at caret.cam.ac.uk
Mon Jul 20 08:19:13 PDT 2009

The description of Forums in this message seems at odds with the
following quote from the page "A final release, Sakai 2.7 [...]  The
user experience will not undergo any drastic changes and will remain
relatively consistent through the end of the 2.x series to provide
stability for local documentation and training materials and
customizations"

Looking at the page though, the changes listed read like less than
"sweeping set of feature and UI changes" - but that doesn't mean such
changes are not in the code...

The K2 JIRA roadmap link appears to take me to the K1 JIRA

The link to the preview of Sakai 3 functionality will need to be
updated from 3akai. I think Nico is going to update the demo server
for the 131.111.21.17 server in the next day or so. That will then
become the preferred preview for Sakai 3. At that point 3akai will
become a 'Proof of Concept' for which aspects of Sakai 3 work on Sakai
2. Some server renaming may be appropriate at that point.

John