[Building Sakai] Rwiki

Sean Keesler sean at keesler.org
Fri Jul 17 15:51:19 PDT 2009

One of the real powers of wiki's for teaching is the ability to stub out
ideas and create links to non-existent pages. The result is an invitation to
extend and flesh out the rough ideas. Wiki syntax isn't particularly
important...but the idea that you can easily state an area you, you peers,
or your students need to come back to and address later without interrupting
the flow of ideas IS. A traditional google doc approach doesn't really
capture that important functionality (unless I don't use it right ;).

I can't help but but notice that many of the TWSIA uses of wikis involved
student "exploration" and "constructionist" uses that probably exploited the
ability of a wiki to facilitate organic growth and exploration of
interesting areas of student learning.

Sean