[Building Sakai] Rwiki

Noah Botimer botimer at umich.edu
Thu Jul 16 11:02:43 PDT 2009

To be clear, I am speaking my opinion as someone who uses Sakai,
likes wikis, and writes some software; not from any of my particular
roles. I am especially not speaking on behalf of the Product Council.

I'm very excited that there is interest resuming the work -- I
encourage it heartily. However, I continue to encourage people to
consider some finer grained enhancements as well. I also continue to
urge people to evaluate options that have intentionally integrated
WYSIWYG features and refined them in the wild over time. This is not
a simple problem and requires a long view.

All of this said, I am not able to commit resources to the seven
topics in this thread, so am pleased by any (nondisruptive) work that
goes on. I only offer my personal opinion on the scope and priority
of these items as one user and one input to the process.

Thanks,
-Noah