[Building Sakai] display same page after login with some changes

Neeru Joshi neer.josh25 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 22:38:09 PDT 2009

Hi All,

  I have created a custom login page which contains the sakai login form and
some custom views. After successful login I need it to remain in the same
page with some changes like the login form div will not contain  a logout
link. Since the url for both the login page & after login is same i.e.
http://localhost:8080/portal , I am facing problem.
  I tried to change the returnUrl variable in LoginTool.java's doPost()
method to "#" so that it remains in the same page...but no luck the url in
the browser changes to http://localhost:8080/portal/# after login & it goes
to the sakai user home page which I don't want.
Really appreciate any help here!!!

Thanks,
Neeru