[Building Sakai] [Management] Sakai 2.7 Projects

John A. Lewis jlewis at unicon.net
Thu Jul 2 11:58:20 PDT 2009

I added one other suggestion to the list.

I think the "Sakora" project for LMS/SIS integration via the
nearly-complete IMS LISv2 standard is a good candidate for possible
inclusion for Sakai 2.7.

We are also doing some further work with Sakora right now to extend
Sakora's flexibility to a "Simple SIS Integration" via nightly flat-file
extracts from any SIS, in addition to the IMS LIS SOAP/XML protocols.
This will be much more robust than the CM Synchronizer approach since
Sakora uses JMS to queue up the large workload that can otherwise cause
scalability issues.

Also, rSmart has included Sakora into their most recent release, so that
is a good sign of support and interest for this capability across a
wider range of adopters.

I can represent both Sakora and the Terracotta ideas at the planning
meetings.

John