[Building Sakai] Implement CourseManagementService ???

Jon Gorrono jpgorrono at ucdavis.edu
Thu Jul 2 11:27:52 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 4:59 AM, Phuc Bui<phucbui2006 at yahoo.com.vn> wrote:
> Thanks a lot John,
>
> As I said , I do not know about Quartz and getting lost in implementing
> CourseManagementService :(
>
> When I tried Sakai demo data, I found something strange, such as users who
> enrolled in the course may not be a Sakai users ??? So those users have to
> register to Sakai system and to that course site , don’t they?

You may be referring to the fact that memberships in sites provided
from an external system do not populate the sakai_user table. This is
to enable the matching of an external user provider
(UserDirectoryProvider, UDP) with the data from "externally provided"
membership records from Coursemanagement. You can populate the
sakai_user table .. and match up the userid's in the sakai_user_id_map
table correctly... but the Implementing a UDP does not have to be very
complicated.

> So I want to do them all by a tool.
>
> But I do not know what I’m thinking is right or not, so I need your
> suggestion :)
>

> Thanks for your helps.
>
> Phuc Bui

Jon Gorrono