[Building Sakai] Issue with ScheduleInvocationManager

Ngoepe, Phuti JNgoepe at unisa.ac.za
Sun Dec 13 22:44:25 PST 2009

This message (and attachments) is subject to restrictions and a disclaimer. Please refer to http://www.unisa.ac.za/disclaimer for full details.
________________________________

Hi All

We need some help to better understand the jobscheduler in Sakai.   We are experiencing an issue with the Sakai Schedule tool, in particular with the ScheduleInvocationManager - we are running sakai 2.5.4 .  The symptom we experience is that announcements scheduled in the future do not get executed at the time specified by the user.  I've managed to track down the problem to ScheduleInvocationManager. When we start up the service, it is complaining that there is already a job running  with the same name as the one we trying to register. When I change the announcement job name (for the scheduled jobs) on the source code of the jobscheduler, it is working fine.  Our issue is that we don't want to modify the sakai source code without understanding the root of this problem properly. We have checked out the jobscheduler 2.5.x branches. Can anyone advise on the best course of action?  Who is currently taking care of jobscheduler tool in Sakai?  And does this problem suffice to be logged as a jira?

Thanks in advance.
Johannes Ngoepe
UNISA ICT
jngoepe at unisa.ac.za<mailto:jngoepe at unisa.ac.za>