[Building Sakai] Guest users with official email

Kevin P. Foote kpfoote at iup.edu
Fri Dec 11 05:29:45 PST 2009

Dan

I think you are after these settings in sakai.properties if you haven't
looked there already.

invalidNonOfficialAccountString=university.edu
officialAccountName=username
officialAccountLabel=Username(s)
nonOfficialAccountName=guest
nonOfficialAccountLabel=Guest(s) Email Address (external participants,
e.g. jdoe at yahoo.com)
nonOfficialAccountInstru=To log in, you must first get a guest account.

The first one will not allow any users to be "invited" into a worksite
with the trailing @university.edu. This should eliminate your issue I
think.

In your example if this was set to unavarra.es then the site owner could
not place daniel.merino at unavarra.es into the add participants area. They
would only be allowed to add daniel.merino this would use your
previously mapped (via ldap or other) account...

------
thanks
  kevin.foote