[Building Sakai] Guest users with official email

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Fri Dec 11 05:22:36 PST 2009

You need something like this in your sakai.properties:

# Prevent @*.uct.ac.za accounts from being added as guest accounts -
these should be added as UCT usernames instead
invalidNonOfficialAccountString=uct.ac.za

Regards
Stephen

>>> Daniel Merino <daniel.merino at unavarra.es> 12/11/2009 3:16 PM >>>
Hi all.

We have detected several cases in our Sakai 2.5.3 where the maintain
user invites to several users to his site, pasting the official email
addresses in the "Non-official participants" textbox.

This action becomes in several new users, differents of the official
LDAP users, that are added as guest in Sakai. For example, I could have

two users: the official user (daniel.merino) and the guest user
(daniel.merino at unavarra.es).

I have tracked the JIRAs of the User Management and the Site Management

and I haven't found this issue reported, so I suppose that maybe we
could have a mismatch in our local configuration.

Could somebody tell me what could we have bad configurated? Or if there

exists any patch that solves it?

Thanks in advance.
Best regards.
--
Daniel Merino
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.