[Building Sakai] KNL-257 (Basic Auth) merging to 2.6.x (Kernel 1.0.x)

Lydia Li lydial at stanford.edu
Wed Dec 9 11:49:20 PST 2009

Stanford is not yet running 2.6.x in production but we are working on
the upgrade.  We will also need to run a custom local kernel at Stanford.

We use c3p0 instead of dbcp.  We also have local modifications to the
authz(change default rules about provided/nonprovided users),
EmailNotification.java(while sending emails we also need to email back
instructors a list of inactive accounts based on LDAP info)
BaseContentService.java (change the default top level folder/file
visibility when doing site copy/import.  I guess this could be made
configurable pretty easily)...etc. just to give you some examples.

It will be a while before we can do away with a custom local kernel, so
the less unnecessary merges the better.

thanks,
Lydia

>>> http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-271