[Building Sakai] 2009-12-08会议安排

Drew Zhu qszhu at umich.edu
Tue Dec 8 05:52:17 PST 2009

I don't know how many on this list can understand Chinese. I translated
the key part into English. Please read from bottom up if you are
interested in the discussion.

Regards,

Drew Zhu
Oracle DBA
ITS, University of Michigan

dhaowolf wrote:
> 不好意思,笔误太多了,是华中师范大学的刘三女牙教授,还有“是不适合”应该
> 是适不适合!

Sorry, too many typos. I meant Professor Sanya Liu from Central China
Normal University and I meant "whether it's suitable for us" not "it's
not suitable for us".

> 2009-12-08
> dhaowolf

I was also thinking if we should continue using sakai. When I was
searching sakai related documents on the internet, I met a person who
had done some researches on sakai. Unfortunately,he is no longer doing
the work anymore because he thinks there are not many sakai related
documents in Chinese and the codes are complicated. He does not have the
time and the energy to continue his work, he turn to another CMS,
moodle, instead.

I eventually contacted Professor Sanya Liu, who in charges the sakai
project in Central China Normal University and the following is his
response.

> 由于有很多人在咨询我相关的问题,如果有必要,我会安排相应的培训。
> 关于相关的技术问题,建议你还是先看其官方网站的资料,其提供的资料还是相
> 当充分的,但是可能需要你多花费些时间。
> 由于近期项目任务很忙,估计短期内无法有人来专门协作你,你有问题可以先发
> MAIL给我,我尽量及时回复。
> 祝好!
> 2009-12-08
> 刘 三 女牙
> 国家数字化学习工程技术研究中心

Because many people ask me related questions, I can arrange some
training sessions if necessary.
About technical related questions, I suggest you look through the
official (sakai) website and the related documents. There are plenty
there. You do need to spend more time, though.
Since we are very busy recently, we cannot assign anyone to help. You
can send emails to me and I will do my best to help.

Regards,
2009-12-08

Sanya Liu
National Digital Study Center

> Sakai入门研究是需要花一些时间,不过这些都是技术方面的问题,而关键是
> Sakai本身是不适合我们的项目才是我们明天需要重点讨论的,现在有许多的开
> 源CMS可以用的,明天我会准备这方面相关资料讨论。

Starting up sakai needs some times. Those are pure technical questions.
The key is Sakai itself is not suitable for us, which is going to be the
topic of our discussion tomorrow. There are many open source CMSes on
the market now. I will prepare related materials.

2009-12-08
dhaowolf

> 2009-12-08
> dhaowolf

We will discuss if we should continue using sakai tomorrow (2009.12.09)
based on Dong Hao's suggestion, and discuss with Yu on portal.