[Building Sakai] Postem org.apache.commons.fileupload maven build error in tagged 2.6.1 check out

Charlie Macchia cmacchia at BrainOVision.com
Fri Dec 4 13:15:10 PST 2009

Back to work today.

Went to {SakSource}/postem/postem-app/pom.xml

Added the following below the sakai-kernel-api tag as recommended by Miguel
in an earlier email:

    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.sakaiproject.kernel</groupId>
      <artifactId>sakai-kernel-api</artifactId>
    </dependency>
                <!-- pasted in Anthony's fix here: Charlie -->
    <dependency>
     <groupId>commons-fileupload</groupId>
     <artifactId>commons-fileupload</artifactId>
    </dependency>

Unfortunately, the build fails on Postem, since maven is now looking for
commons-fileupload version 2.6.1, of which there is no such thing at the
various online repositories it checks ( ie
http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/commons-fileupload/commons-fileupload/ )

So I did a scan of an earlier build on my machine, and discovered that
version 1.1.1 does seem to be included in a previous build, read up a bit
about how POMs work, and checked the master POM ( inside the /master dir )
and came across the version tag on commons-fileupload which wasn¹t inherited
during the build for some reason ( it was specified there as 1.1.1 which
makes sense ), so I just added this line inside of
{SakSource}/postem/postem-app/pom.xml :

    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.sakaiproject.kernel</groupId>
      <artifactId>sakai-kernel-api</artifactId>
    </dependency>
                <!-- pasted in Anthony's fix here: Charlie -->
    <dependency>
     <groupId>commons-fileupload</groupId>
     <artifactId>commons-fileupload</artifactId>

     <version>${sakai.commons.fileupload.version}</version>

    </dependency>
<!--
      This has been relocated to sakai-kernel-util
      org.sakaiproject.kernel.utilsakai-util-->

    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.sakaiproject</groupId>
      <artifactId>sakai-postem-api</artifactId>
    </dependency>

Now this builds, I¹m sure you guys know, but just in case anybody else gets
stuck on this one.

Regards,
Charlie