[Building Sakai] Location of IMS QTI DTDs for import

Noah Botimer botimer at umich.edu
Wed Dec 2 11:26:19 PST 2009

Colin,

I can't speak to where DTDs should go in your specific case, but I
will provide some references for the list.

The public IMS documents for QTI are located here: http://
www.imsglobal.org/question/index.html

The specific one you mention below is hosted at http://
www.imsglobal.org/xsd/ims_qtiasiv1p2p1.xsd

Also, depending on your situation, you may be able to use a local
catalog. This is basically a local-first cache for public DTDs. There
is an explanatory article here: http://xml.apache.org/commons/
components/resolver/resolver-article.html

We have also implemented this in Sakai. A specific JIRA ticket where
this work was done is: http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-16536.
The principle is that you pack the DTD on the classpath for your
module and hook up the catalog/resolver. This allows your XML to
retain public-URL declarations without requiring a network request to
retrieve the DTD.

Thanks,
-Noah