[Building Sakai] can't find javax mail 1.4.3

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Dec 2 00:44:20 PST 2009

2009/12/2 Bristow, Paul <PBristow at csu.edu.au>:
> Hi all,
>
> My trunk build was failing because it couldn't find javax/mail/mail/1.4.3/ in any repo.
>
> I've got this working by adding a repo at http://download.java.net/maven/2/

Adding download.java.net to the master POM does slow down builds
(maven looks for artifacts in all know repositories). When possibly I
think repositories should be added as close to where the artifact is
needed. If we get to the situation where we have 8 repositories listed
in master something has gone wrong.

In this case all the repositories that the kernel needs should be in
the master POM.

> Has anyone else had this issue or is it something at my end?

Yeah I've seen it as well:

http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-337

--
  Matthew Buckett
  VLE Developer, LTG, Oxford University Computing Services