[Building Sakai] Excessive querying ofSAKAI_SITE_PAGE_PROPERTYtable in 2.6?

Zhen Qian zqian at umich.edu
Fri Aug 28 07:49:58 PDT 2009

Home page is a special page within a site, and is by default selected/
required for a site.  Normally, Home page consists of
"sakai.iframe.site" tool and other synoptic tools, but any other tool
can be added to Home page with admin rights.

We used to find Home page by page title, but that causes problem when
dealing with internationalization and renaming page titles. See the
following two jiras and related ones:

SAK-15941: In Page Order, the Home page loses most of its
functionality when its title is changed

SAK-16679: Home Page titles should be displayed in user's preferred
language/locale

So the solution now is to store the is_home_page as a page property
to facilitate the Home page lookup.

That means you could have as many record of "is_home_page" property
as the number of your sites...

Thanks,

- Zhen