[Building Sakai] Excessive querying ofSAKAI_SITE_PAGE_PROPERTYtable in 2.6?

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Fri Aug 28 07:34:00 PDT 2009

Site Info seems to use is_home_page as a page property under some circumstances:

site-manage-tool/tool/src/java/org/sakaiproject/site/tool/SiteAction.java:                      if (page.getProperties().getProperty(SiteConstants.IS_HOME_PAGE) == null)

site-manage-tool/tool/src/java/org/sakaiproject/site/tool/SiteAction.java:                              page.getPropertiesEdit().addProperty(SiteConstants.IS_HOME_PAGE, Boolean.TRUE.toString());

site-manage-tool/tool/src/java/org/sakaiproject/site/tool/SiteAction.java:              if (page.getProperties().getProperty(SiteConstants.IS_HOME_PAGE) != null)

site-manage-util/util/src/java/org/sakaiproject/site/util/SiteConstants.java:   public static final String IS_HOME_PAGE = "is_home_page";

Maybe Zhen knows more about this.

Cheers
Stephen

Stephen Marquard, Learning Technologies Co-ordinator
Centre for Educational Technology, University of Cape Town
http://www.cet.uct.ac.za
Email/IM/XMPP: stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Phone: +27-21-650-5037 Cell: +27-83-500-5290

>>> "Maurer, Christopher Wayne" <chmaurer at iupui.edu> 8/28/2009 4:28 PM >>>
But site properties are not the same as page properties.  We use some site
properties here for various things all the time.
What sorts of properties are used for pages?

Chris