[Building Sakai] Please help! - Stucked with Shibbolizing Sakai

vki23 Ekaterina.Vasilyeva at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 07:04:10 PDT 2009

Dear all,

Could someone provide me with clear instructions/guidelines of what should
be done to make Sakai working with Shibboleth? (our Sakai users should be
able to authorize with their university logins/passwords via shibboleth
(using LDAP authentication))

I managed to apply Stockholm patches to my installation of Sakai and it
seems that everything is correct.
I changed container.login to true in sakai.properties. And after that I'm
getting 404 error as login link now goes to sakai-login-tool and there is
nothing there.

I still have some misunderstanding on how Shibboleth should be configured.

I installed Shibboleth IdP and SP.
I tried to configured it so that LDAP authentithication mechanism should be
used.
What should I add to relying-party.xml? shibboleth2.xml? and other
configuration files of Shibboleth?

Should I also change something else in my Sakai configuration?

Kind regards,
Katja