[Building Sakai] Updates to group wireframes based on this morning's meeting

Daphne Ogle daphne at media.berkeley.edu
Thu Aug 27 15:25:34 PDT 2009

Hi there,

Thanks to all who joined the group UX meeting this morning!  We
received some very useful feedback!  As I mentioned in the meeting,
this is an iterative design process so I've just iterated again.  A
couple people brought up the idea that people might not be thinking of
"creating a group" in many contexts when all they really want is to
give a list of people access to something (object, event, calendar,
etc.).  I've added an initial screen that assumes just that.  If a
saved group is needed, they simply choose  to save the selection as a
group.  In some cases we'll know that creating a group is the
intention and the first screen would then be skipped.

You can check out the work at:  http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/GROUPS/Quick+Group+Creation

We'll be making adjustments to the more complex group management
screens too.  Stay tuned...

P.S. For those at Friday's design studio, I think this also helps with
the challenge of wanting to come back to some "groups" later and
others being a one time thing.

Daphne Ogle
Senior Interaction Designer
University of California, Berkeley