[Building Sakai] View as Student behavior with DropBox

Johns, Cheryl cheryl.johns at yale.edu
Fri Aug 21 08:47:07 PDT 2009

We're just starting to use the 'View As Student' feature in our 2.6.x environment and noticed one behavior and wondered if anyone else found this to be problematic.  When an instructor uses 'View As Student' to view the dropbox tool, it creates a dropbox for the instructor and the dropbox remains when you return to your original role.

I guess it's not a problem as long as we explain to our instructors that this is 'normal' behavior, but I wanted to get other schools' experiences on this in their environments.

Thanks!

Cheryl Johns
Applications Support Manager, Instructional Solutions
http://cmi2.yale.edu
The Center for Media and Instructional Innovation
135 College Street, Suite 101
New Haven, CT  06510
Office: 1.203.436.4626