[Building Sakai] Site Helper and E-Mail messages

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Thu Aug 20 08:15:35 PDT 2009

I think the destination list is constructed from a permissions check, which means it would pull in users with permissions from realms such as !site.helper in addition to the site realm.

Regards
Stephen

>>> Branden Visser <branden at uwindsor.ca> 8/20/2009 3:30 PM >>>
Hi all,

We currently add our support staff to the !site.helper realm with custom
roles (roles that don't exist in course sites) in order to grant them
ability to visit sites for support purposes. This is ideal for many
reasons, particularly because this way they do not appear on the rosters
for the sites, and the support user's Sakai experience is not slowed
down because of such a large site membership.

One gotcha with this is that they still seem to receive emails from
tools like Announcements and Resources, and so their email inboxes fill
up very fast. Shouldn't these tools only be sending emails to people who
are on the site roster (i.e., show up under Site Editor)?

Thanks,

Branden