[Building Sakai] Out of date Eclipse files

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Aug 19 08:54:46 PDT 2009

2009/8/19 Maurer, Christopher Wayne <chmaurer at iupui.edu>:
> +1 ... I am still in favor of it!
> One thing I’ve noticed, and I assume that it’s not just in our local build
> (since we also have many customizations) that a few projects that have a
> root pom will generate a .project file (I think EntityBroker does).  So, an
> initial import into eclipse imports just one big EB project instead of the
> smaller actual ones (api, impl, etc).  Is there something that can be added
> to those poms to stop the generation of the .project files?  Anyone know?

mvn eclipse:clean/eclipse:eclipse ignores all projects that have:

  <packaging>pom</packaging>

like the file /entitybroker/pom.xml

So the file /entitybroker/.project was created by a person and added
to svn and the maven commands won't touch it. As Eclipse doesn't
support nested project fully once it finds a .project it doesn't walk
any further down the tree and so doesn't find the
/enitybroker/api/.project

--
  Matthew Buckett