[Building Sakai] Out of date Eclipse files

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Wed Aug 19 08:50:49 PDT 2009

I proposed back in April that we delete these files.

http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai-dev/2009-April/000923.html

It met with no objections but with suggestions that at a minimum:

1) we put documentation in place that describes the change in practice
and instructs developers on how to regenerate Eclipse metadata files
2) we update the svn config file global-ignores to exclude
Eclipse .classpath, .project, .settings, etc. files

I later suggested we consider doing this after 2.6.0 is released.
2.6.0 is released.  We should schedule a date to perform this excision
in trunk at a minimum and 2.6.x if no one has objections to the
removal of files from the maintenance branch.

As for 2.6.x as it exists today, I suggest that David or Matt
regenerate the .classpath files so that they reference K1 1.0.11 as is
the case in the 2.6.0 branch.  That at least brings them up-to-date so
while we decide their fate.  If neither has time, I'll be happy to do
it.

Cheers,

Anthony