[Building Sakai] Participation in Research Study about Educational Software Designers’ Educational Backgrounds

Eli Cochran eli at media.berkeley.edu
Tue Aug 11 15:35:49 PDT 2009

Marisa,
I'd be willing to participate. How are you defining software
designers? UI design? Coding? UX design? Visual design? (We struggle
with this definition all the time.)

I am user experience designer and developer as well as a manager of
three user experience designers just to give my background.

And finally, is any of your work with Elizabeth Boling at IU? I don't
know whether it's a factor or not, but Elizabeth is an old friend and
colleague from Apple.

- Eli Cochran

Eli Cochran
manager of user experience design
ETS, UC Berkeley

"Do not solve the problem that’s asked of you. It’s almost always the
wrong problem."
     - Don Norman