[Building Sakai] Ask Sakai: Sakai 2.6 will not run as windows service

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Wed Aug 5 14:11:33 PDT 2009

Could you put your whole log up onto cl1p.net, pastie.org or attach
it? I don't know what else to suggest without that since you had luck
with prior versions. Nothing has changed that should have caused you a
problem.

For 2.6 would have to deploy to a different (or cleaned) directory and
make sure that it's not looking in the old classpath for older
versions of jars. It's possible that the service is still pulling some
pieces out of a different directory or theres some missing jars? Can't
tell from the log snippet.

-Matthew

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 4:55 PM, Patrick
Bean<pbean at turningtechnologies.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Just wanted to clarify a few things.  I am running this on Windows 2003 32-Bit.
>
> Also I did have 2.5.4 running as a service but after the new install of 2.6 it will not.  Was there any change in the windows environment variables between 2.5.4 and 2.6?   Same version of tomcat for both.
>
> Thanks,
> Patrick Bean

>>> org.apache.axis2.deployment.ModuleDeployer - Deploying module:
>>> addressing-1.4 - file:/d:/sakai/webapps/sakai-axis2/WEB-INF/lib/