[Building Sakai] Crucible or other code review tools?

Michael Wenk mjwenk at ucdavis.edu
Wed Aug 5 13:13:54 PDT 2009

Maurer, Christopher Wayne wrote:
> Anyone out there use Crucible[1] or some other form of code reviewing tools?
> I believe umich uses something called Review Board[2].
>
> I was starting to look into some stuff and wondered if folks out there
> had something that they could recommend.
>
> If any of the recommendations were in favor of Crucible, for example, I
> was also wondering if it could be hosted along with jira and confluence
> since it’s from Atlassian and there’s no licensing?
>
> Chris
>
> [1] http://www.atlassian.com/software/crucible/
> [2] http://www.review-board.org/

At UC Davis, we have been starting to use Crucible.  Personally, I like
it, though it doesn't seem to be as stable as other Atlassian products.
   The subversion integration is nice.  What I didn't like about it was
the stability issues, and some of the UI is not intuitive(at least to
me.)  I found it to be much nicer than using the appspot.com code review
tool.

One problem is it doesn't seem to work with svn 1.2.3, as is running on
source.sakaiproject.org, so that would have to be upgraded.

Mike