[Building Sakai] Crucible or other code review tools?

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Wed Aug 5 12:33:08 PDT 2009

I was talking internally about fisheye/crucible and it would be nice
to have it added as an extension to jira since it's available for open
source projects. On the list, Thomas from UCDavis posted that there
were some compatibility issues with our older version of subversion:
http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai-dev/2009-July/002695.html

Review Board works better than other (free) solutions I've tried once
you finally get it setup, it's fast and integrates well with
subversion. It can be tricky to make the patches needed but visually
it's great compared to reviewing anything else. We pass most of our
code through it.

It's written in python/djanjo which is great once it's running (easy
updates) but the apache configuration seemed pretty troublesome as I'm
not familiar with python. But it would be nicer to have a fully
integrated solution on jira.sakaiproject.

-Matthew