[Building Sakai] EntityBroker IP Filtering

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Wed Aug 5 12:38:21 PDT 2009

Although that's all for SOAP (axis) webservices, whereas I think the original question was about the /direct/ REST services.

Cheers
Stephen

Steve Swinsburg wrote:

> A Tomcat Valve will restrict access to a particular
> context/webapp as the settings are at the webapp level. For
> more dime grained you'd need proper auth built in.
>
> If you have a look on my blog (Steve on Sakai) for the article
> about setup and securing the web services there is an example
> of tomcat valves on there. I'd give you the link if I was at a
> computer ;)

The relevant blog entry is here:

http://steve-on-sakai.blogspot.com/2009/05/enabling-web-services-in-sakai-and.html

In addition, the built-in filtering introduced in 2.6
has been back-ported to 2.5.x (by me) for those interested:

http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-13689

I have running locally on a test machine and plan to deploy it
some time this month.

Seth