[Building Sakai] project sakai sms

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Fri Apr 24 23:21:28 PDT 2009

Hi Angela,

It's almost complete! Support for outgoing SMS is about a week or two away from being finished - we are just completing the UI for sending messages.

The service code is all working, at https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/sms/trunk/

We will post a note to sakai-dev when it's finished and ready for others to use. The code is designed to work with an SMPP server as the SMS gateway, so if you're interested in using it, check with your SMS provider that they can provide SMPP service.

We are also finalizing support for incoming SMS, which will be ready in about 2 months or so.

Regards
Stephen

Stephen Marquard, Learning Technologies Co-ordinator
Centre for Educational Technology, University of Cape Town
http://www.cet.uct.ac.za
Email/IM/XMPP: stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Phone: +27-21-650-5037 Cell: +27-83-500-5290

>>> ANGELA MUNEVAR <angypaty at gmail.com> 2009/04/24 11:31 PM >>>
The Sakai SMS project is completed?, I would like more information on this
topic. if so, how can I integrate it into Sakai?

thanks