[Building Sakai] To field rewritten by email service or something else?

Adams, David da1 at vt.edu
Thu Apr 23 14:32:11 PDT 2009

I know this is getting off topic, here, but I just wanted to clarify a little bit. The mail *is* getting delivered correctly to Sakai. What I'm dumbfounded by, though, is that the mail server sees fit to rewrite the To: header, which is part of the message data--not part of the SMTP routing--and therefore shouldn't be touched. Oddly, though, it only happens on the way out...

I managed to squeeze in a DNS update to set things appropriately today and it has solved the problem. I'm fine with what amounts to a minor workaround for what is apparently a very common bug, though it drives me a little crazy.

This seems like a pretty important Sakai configuration warning. Is this documented anywhere? I'd be glad to do the work of getting it in the docs if someone can suggest the appropriate document to update.

-dave